Friday, January 28, 2005

Precious offday

After you had a four day holiday, a one day weekend just doesn't quite cut it... Oh well... Beggars can't be choosers... Neither can young interns from Singapore... To make up for the lack of offdays, the five of us did quite a lot today...

We left Pathshala at 3pm... (We couldn't leave earlier... Everyone woke up late... Even me! I woke up at eleven...) And we headed down to Aarong to look at Punjabis and Salwars... Apparently, the outfit I bought the last time was a Salwar... Not a Punjabi... I dunno what's the difference... But I'll figure it out and let you know... (Pictures are coming soon, I promise...)

Aarong has very nice clothes I must say... Very good quality and very pretty... But the prices are higher than Bangla Mela... I didn't bring enough money so I didn't buy anything... But it's a huge place! Punjabis and tops and Salwars on the first floor, saris on the second, ornaments on the third and men's wear on the fourth... Think I want to get something for daddy... But I'll wait for my sister to come to choose before I buy anything... That goes for the green sari I'm expected to get for my sister's wedding...

We visited some bookshops and DVD shops after that... Later on, we went to Rifles... I fell in love with a very nice white Punjabi suit... But it costs almost S$40... After that, I also found another shop selling very nice Punjabi suits for under Tk700... Think I'll consider those options before going back for the white Punjabi... (Also heard that my colleague can get a discount for the white Punjabi... So I wrote down the model number and I'll ask her about it tomorrow!)

To end the day, we went to eat at Grill & Chill... I had Spaghetti Carbonara but it looked and tasted more like fried noodles with egg... It's nice if you don't think that you are eating Italian food... And just think you are eating at home... Had a very local taste... It wasn't even oily!

So that's how we made use of every bit of time of our offday... Can't wait for next friday!
**And this is a reminder to all avid readers of "A Whisper from the Heart"... My birthday is coming up!!! If you don't know when it is... Shame on you! Just get me a present...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home