Thursday, January 13, 2005

My little oasis...

This afternoon, I discovered a tiny little piece of Heaven... Right in the middle of Dhaka... And it's but a 10min walk away from Drik!

It's a tiny little cafe called "Grill & Chill"... And believe me, it's really a great place to chill...

The whole place is really nice, air-conditioned, with nice tables and seats... The deco is very modern and pleasing... Even a corner table with a sofa... When we were in there, they were playing John Mayer and the mood of the whole place was so cosy and comfortable... (Think I want to get that album now...)... The place is owned by Benson & Hedgers (I could tell cos the logo was embossed on a glass panel right in the middle of the restaurant, and they were selling Benson cigarettes at the counter), but smoking isn't allowed in it, so the place doesn't smell musky at all...

Most of the customers are middle class University students(there are several private universities around the area), with time on their hands, and money to spare. Even though the place is different, their dressing and language are different, they just remind me of me... You know... Like University students behave the same way wherever they are... Interesting...

"Grill & Chill" serves really nice food... Like steak, and pasta... Jess & I had started to miss having other types of food besides the usual curry and rice... So this was a really great discovery... Although the price is a little more than other places here... But it was basically about S$3.50 for a Double Beef Burger Meal, or a rice meal, and the most expensive dish, the steak... is only S$7... Yup!

I couldn't believe I'd find a place like that here... Right in the middle of a dusty road... Rather surreal if you think about it... It's just the kind of place I loved to hang out in, reading and having coffee... Just like I do back home...

So, if I ever need a place to chill out... I'm heading for my little oasis... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home