Thursday, January 06, 2005

That little spot of tea....

Bangla Lesson #4
Decka Hobit - See You
Abat Decka Hobit - See You Later
Chah - Tea
Dud - Milk
Cheeni - Sugar
Kom - Less

To the many of the avid fans of this blog, this entry may come as a surprise to you. So far, this silly gal has been oblivious to the meaning of sadness and disappointment, and every entry she's written has been one of enthusiasm, excitement and optimism, maybe irrational and naive but optimistic nonetheless. (don't count the crying bits)

Well guess what? I got really depressed today....

Not the serious kind that needs medical attention, but the kind that comes and goes. Like a thick cloud that just descends upon you when you least expect or desire it. Once it happens, all you see around you is.... Gloom... I didn't even want to blog!... That could be bcos of the really good blog i wrote yesterday. (someone told me that he chortled thru the whole thing.. Hello? Chortled?.. Serious man...) Was pressured to match up today... Woah... No can do..

So, why did I get this? The depression I mean...

I dunno... The morning was fine... I bummed around all day again today.... (that felt abit lousy...) Like sluggish... I didn't dare to use the multimedia dept's pcs for more than an hour... Felt guilty stealling Siraj's comp... So i stuck myself in the publications dept, trying not to get too annoyed with the macs... (Mind you, Macs & this gal dun mix well... The thing kept hanging!) Also didn't talk to Amin cos there were too many people in the studio... Wanted to ask him about his assignment the day before... But couldn't... Wanted to get my lappy fixed but Wahab from Internet dept was busy again... Went to find Jess & Shalini and discovered they disappeared! (See... that's last straw like...)

And the cloud descended...

After that, I was literally rendered useless. I just felt so sad... Like no one wanted me anymore or something... I didn't feel like taking photos, didn't feel like asking Atiq to teach me Illustrator, even when i went to find Jess to chat(after they appeared again), I was still miserable... Barely wanted to surf the net... (Not that that helped... Ivan's blog really made things worse...)

But.... something really really miraculous happened.... Topu suggested going for Tea....

The tea I drink is called "dud chah cheeni kom" (Milk Tea Less Sugar). Topu made me recite that... Seriously, even though I ask for less sugar, it still doesn't taste any less sweet... And that helped! Think it's the sugar or something... I perked up after that tea session... And then I started to talk to Atiq and he taught me how to create a contact sheet using photoshop.. It's really really clever... After work, I brought Jess to the road she wanted to go... to see books and stuff... (Shalini is teaching a class today)..I even bought a nice toy gun! (For myself... cheap thrill...)...

Sidetrack... A little boy came up to us, to beg for money... Jess gave him Tk2.. And another little girl came along... I gave her Tk1 and Jess gave her Tk2... The little boy was so eager to get more from her that he followed us for 3 streets! Even waited outside the bookshop for her... But she was determined not to give anymore... So he finally got the idea and left...

The main thing is, I'm glad that depression thing went away... It was really upsetting and annoying... It doesn't even make sense to happen today... Cos Bangladesh is a Muslim country and Friday (tomorrow ya...) is an off day!!!! So see? Irrational behaviour... Still, many thanx to the people I ranted to about this depression... I'm ok now!!!

Morale of the story? None, dude, it's not morale!

Moral of the story: Always drink your Dud Chah Cheeni Kom....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home