Saturday, January 15, 2005

Things are starting to happen!

The old days of slacking are over!

The Big Boss is finally back in Bangladesh… For the past few weeks when I was here, he had gone down to Sri Lanka to see if he could be of any help… He gave out necessities and took pictures and has tons of stories of accounts of survivors…

When he got back on Friday, he came to visit me and Jess at Pathshala that evening… “A social call” he called it… He’s really approachable and knowledgeable… He’s got a head of black hair, and a graying beard and moustache… Always wears traditional Begali outfits… Yet still looks rather cosmopolitan… He speaks English exceedingly well, and sounds really mature and sophisticated if you know what I mean… He’s got a certain air about him… the air of a really capable man…

Now that he’s back, the whole place is starting to buzz with activity… Slackers are coming to work on time, (this time I don’t mean me… I’m always on time…) or are coming to work at all… (when they previously never bothered..)… The Big Boss spoke to Jess and I about some new ideas that he hopes we can help out with… It sounds like a lot of fun…Just hope Jess and I are up to it… There are also two new ladies at Pathshala from England… One is a photographer with an assignment to complete, the other is her travel companion and assistant… They’re gonna be here for some 3 weeks… And they all seem like a lot of fun to talk to!

Just tonight, we went to Tutul’s home for dinner… The Big Boss, Shalini, Jess, Atiq, Reza, the two new ladies and I… Tutul’s elder son Raiyan is so cute! Too bad I couldn’t quite understand him… All I tried to say to him was “Ekhane Asho” or “come here”… But he couldn’t even understand that…Sad eh? But he understands when I point out something and say “Ekta Ki?” (What’s that?)… And I could make out when he said camera… Yay!

Tomorrow, we’re finally starting the shoot for the catalog of cane handicrafts… I looked the products over and you know what? I think my mum would love all that stuff!! She’s crazy about cane furniture and baskets… The studio was full of those things… Too bad I can’t buy those…They’re for exports… But I’d definitely try to buy stuff like it for my mum… Think she’d be pleased to no end!

More tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home