Saturday, February 05, 2005

Stealing a moment….

Time: 5.57am
State of Mind: Half Asleep
Reason for getting up at such a ridiculous time: To shoot the Buriganga River

There’s been a lot of silence around here… Which might be good for some Heart readers who say that this blog is more like a shout than a whisper… But for others, it’s a worrying sign… (I’m not saying that I’m in trouble... I’m saying that some people might get worried… Since I usually blog very regularly)

Don’t Worry.

I’m not blogging so often because I’m no longer a slacker! I actually have assignments to do and a report to work on… As much as I would like to blog on a lot of things, there just isn’t much time for it… I will try to of cos… there are some topics I have in mind… (Think blogging everything I do collectively in themed entries is more efficient... Keep a look out ya!)

This assignment is a part of Jack Picone’s Photojournalism Workshop which ends today… Assignment is to take 5 pictures of the Buriganga River… We’ve spent the last two days taking pictures there… Then printing the pictures for Jack to review and evaluate… I used up 6 rolls… (Yup… This workshop is very costly…)

Before my evaluation yesterday, I was really stressed out… I was afraid that I’d do badly or that my pictures wouldn’t come out in time… But Jack was very encouraging…

Of the five pictures I chose, Jack chose 2 and asked me to reshoot the rest… It’s not a bad thing… That’s what happens to everyone… There were some who had all 5 pictures chosen from their first lot… But there were others whose pictures didn’t get chosen… That’s the whole point of the exercise… To try to improve our pictures…

Thing about taking pictures outdoors, is you only get the best light in the evening and in the morning… That’s why everyone’s been getting up early and staying out late at the river… I prefer taking pictures in the evening… But yesterday, the evaluation ended too late and there was no time for anyone to go in the evening… I was forced to make this morning trip…

I seldom wake up so early… The only time I remember being up at this time was the first night I was here… I spent the entire night up unpacking… The whole place is very peaceful and quiet at this time… I stood on the roof and looked out onto the streets… There were some CNGs and rickshaws on the road already… The drivers must be freezing!

So right now, I’m waiting in my room for my group mates to come by and go down to the river together… They’re 30 mins late already… So much for wanting to leave here at 5.30am… Oh well… I’m giving them a call…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home