Friday, February 18, 2005

Super Sister

You know Superman, Superwoman, Super Heroes of all sorts... But you haven't met Super Sister... To be exact, MY Super Sister...

Ever since she got here, she's swept up my room, my closet, my entire life!

She's tidied up my table so that I have room for my lappy and space for other things as well... Before that, I couldn't see the table top at all... And she managed to locate my two missing rolls of 400iso film... It was just on the table but I couldn't see them...

She came and did tons of washing... The washing I neglected because of my assignment... In my defence, I didn't let her do everything... While she went on a boat trip, I cleared out quite a bit of washing myself... She just came back and took over from where I left off...

She kept all my clothes neatly so that there's a system where I can see everything I own and not have to keep digging to see what clothes lie beneath... Mind you, there were some things that got buried so deep I forgot I brought them...

I brought her to Surovi yesterday... And because it would be too early to have breakfast at Pathshala, since Peter wasn't in yet, she got up early, and prepared hot drinks for me... As a kind of breakfast...

She did it again this morning... It's Friday so Peter's got a day off... She got up early and made instant noodles and eggs for breakfast before going for a day tour...

We went shopping together yesterday... And I got tons of new clothes... I got Two sets of Salwar Kameez (think my other sis is not gonna be surprised to hear that one of them is bright pink), two Salwar tops, a pale purple Rajshahi Silk Sari and lots of little souvenirs that my sis will bring home for me and keep in my loft... Silver things as usual... (Still can't find the sari for my sister's wedding though... Worrying...) We shopped from New Market to Aarong... Which is a very long stretch... I walked till my legs felt like they were going to break... But I'm very excited about my clothes...

It's been really nice having my sis around... Someone I can talk to at times... Other times, someone I can hug... (Even with her protesting)... Most of the time, I'm just watching her as she tidies my things, nags me like a real Mummy, and as she scuttles around making plans for herself and for me... I believe she'll make a fine Mum... Just like my Mum...

Think I'm gonna miss her so bad when she leaves... I can't even send her off because I have an appointment for my assignment... Argh! There is an upside though... After she leaves, it will only be a month more before I will go home to my other sister and the rest of my family... For a week... A Precious Whole Week... I can hardly wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home