Thursday, March 03, 2005

A photo shoot

Think I didn't like being left out of all the wedding frenzy that my sister and my family have been going thru... So i'm hitting back with a vengence... I had my own photoshoot...

Not a big deal really... but it's just funny...

I was told by the wedding planners back home, mainly my sister-who-isn't-getting-married, that I had to take pictures of the dress I was going to wear for the wedding... My sister-who-is-getting-married doesn't like surprises...

The dress, is a lovely olive green salwar kameez made from muslim and silk... Real fancy stuff... Costs SGD$78!! I bought it with my sister when she was over here... We even have nice green bangles to go with it... She couldn't bring it home becak we needed to get it slightly altered... The people at the shoe were very nice to us... I think, it's probably cos very few people actually buy the more expensive items in the shop... I'm currently looking for shoes, and an olive green tip to go with it... (you know... the dot in the middle of the forehead? yup...)

So back to the shoot...

I asked Danny to help me take pictures since he had a digital camera... he offered to help me take the pictures at the studio in his office... I thought that was too much so I got him to just take pictures at Pathshala...

It was a whole lot of fun!

I was only expecting two pictures... But see, Dan is a real professional... And he's passionate about the job... So he took at lot of pictures... from pictures showing the whole dress to portraits, only showing the face...

I was really nervous at first and all... But I relaxed after a bit... We ended up having all kinds of different and funny poses... Like having a veil or just making funny faces... My favourite is one picture where I was pretending to be angry...

Danny was really quite disappointed that I didn't go to the studio... He insists the studio light would show off the details of the dress much better... Oh well... Too bad for him...

Getting more excited about the wedding now... I can't wait to go home and wear that dress... The only problem is that I'll be wearing it in the hot sun... Sheesh...

This one is my favourite picture

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The dress, is a lovely olive green salwar kameez made from muslim and silk." <-- what is muslim?? I never heard something like that used to make clothes :))

But, u must post one of ur pics wearing tht shalwar kameez..

nasser

 

Post a Comment

<< Home